Come ride the 1st Annual Braintree 5 Gravel Grinder during Vermont’s peak foliage, October 8th, 2016 in Randolph, Vermont! The Braintree 5 is a beautiful, yet challenging dirt road ride through the mountains of Braintree, Vermont. The 5 represents the 5 dirt roads that climb Braintree Hill, totaling a leg burning 5000′ of climbing over 35 miles. There will be 5 marked KOM segments for you to shoot for. The mellow ridgetop roads between the climbs will help you catch your breath. Riding past historic Vermont landmarks, sugarhouses, farms and mountain views will keep your wheels spinning to see what’s around the next corner….or up the next hill.
It will be followed by the Central Vermont Brewfest!
There will be a sag station midway with complementary refreshments and snacks at the Braintree Meeting House. The historical muesum will also be open if anyone would like to explore Braintree’s yesteryears. For your convenience, we will have a sag wagon for major repairs, injuries or fatigued riders.
Come for the ride…stay for the party!
Rider check-in will be Saturday, October 8th, 2016 at 10:00am. The Ride will start at 11:30am.
- The ride will leave Randolph at 11:30am sharp.
- There will be 5 marked Strava KOM (king of the mountain) segments
- Cross bike, 29″ XC mtb or road bike (with dirt tire) are suggested
- We have you covered with free burgers, dog’s, fixins, fruit and drinks…and BEER!
- All competitors will get two (2) free beers served at the Brew Fest
- FREE raffle with great prizes
- Come hang out and have fun in Randolph & Braintree!